Date(s) - 13/02/2022
10:30 am - 12:00 pm
La Maison Verte (M° Jules Joffrin)
UUFP (Paris fellowship) service
Sunday 13 Feb at 10.30 am
Ethics on our Plates:
The Morality of our Food Choices
Lay-led by Peter Jarrett
Let Peter take you on a guided tour of what choices we have so as to behave ethically when it comes to what we eat and drink: precisely what we do and we don’t ingest, how it arrived at the places at which we purchase and then consume it, how it was produced, how much we waste and finally with what we eat it.
These are big issues, involving obvious animal welfare and huge environmental impacts. Options range from being an omnivore with no other consideration other than personal preferences to being vegan or even a raw vegan. Peter will also briefly describe how new technology is impacting the choices we face.
Peter won’t tell you what to do, but he hopes to get you to think more about it when making your own mind up.
Hybrid Services – In Person + Online
We will be starting hybrid services which means we will welcome you in person at
La Maison Verte: 127 Rue Marcadet
and will be live-streaming the services via Zoom for those who cannot come or chose not to come to the service at LMV.
According to French law, it is not necessary to have the Pass Sanitaire, but:
– Masks will be mandatory; chairs will be spaced out throughout the room, gel and masks will be ready at the door.
– We will be singing with masks on.
– A babysitter will be available if you plan to bring children.
– Unfortunately, we will not be able to have coffee and snacks after the service in the room, but people who would like to meet up at another location are welcome to do so.
– The pianist and certain speakers who speak for a long time may take off their mask during the service. They will be far from others when they do this and the only people allowed to remove their masks, temporarily.
***Please note: It is sniffle season; common colds and the flu are circulating alongside Covid19. We ask that every person attending the service wear their masks correctly, covering their nose, and at all times. We want a healthy community all year long!
How can I access the service online?
Please request a link to the service by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
and keep an eye on your inbox for the Zoom meeting link. You will need that link to join, but you do not need to have a Zoom account. The link will be open from 10:00 am on.
For more information, please write to: email@example.com