Online Retreat Registration
Köln, Germany, October 30th to November 1st 2015
Registration includes four pages:
- On Page One you will fill out information regarding the contact person for your group. Here you can also indicate your membership of the Unitarian Music Society.
- On Page Two you will enter information about each person in the group and select room types for each member.
- Page Three will report your total cost and allow you to select a payment method.
- Page Four gives a summary of all the information you have entered and asks you to validate this information before submitting it.
- Deadline for registration is Thursday, October 1st.
- Your early registration is appreciated - remember, those who register early get the best choice of rooms!
- Registration can be accepted after October 1st only on a space-available basis.
- An extra fee of 20 € or £10 per adult will be charged for payments after October 1st.
- Your room request can only be guaranteed once payment is received. Please arrange payment ASAP after registration!
Prices quoted in the Price Table are for the entire cost of the retreat per person including meals, from dinner Friday night through lunch on Sunday.
||Adult*||Adult Nonmember||Young Adult (20-25yrs)||Teen (13-19yrs)||Child (4-12yrs)||Infant (0-3yrs) |
|Single room**||240€ / £180||260€||n/a||n/a||n/a||0€|
|Shared Double Room**||190€ / £140||210€||160€ / £120||50€ / £30||30€ / £20||0€|
|3- or 4-bed room||160€ / £120||180€||130€ / £95||50€ / £30||30€ / £20||0€|
|non-resident (sleeping off-site)||140€ / £105||160€||120€ / £85||50€ / £30||30€ / £20||0€|
* The adult member prices apply to members of EUU, UMS (Unitarian Music Society) and first-time retreat participants.
** The number of double and, especially, single rooms is limited. They will be assigned in order of registration (“first come - first served”). So if you want a single or a double room, make sure you register early!
If you want to share a room with a particular person or persons, then please either (a, preferred) register as a group together with them, or (b) indicate their names where asked in your registration and ensure that they also register promptly. If you don’t have somebody specific you want to share with,
we will assign you a roommate.
Regular registration for the fall 2015 retreat is now closed. If you didn’t register in time, you can still get on a waiting list by going ahead and filling out the registration form anyway. If someone cancels and a place becomes available, we will contact people on the waiting list in the order in which they signed up. Anyone to whom we offer such a place will have 24 hours from the time the mail reached your inbox to accept it. If we don’t hear from them within that time we will withdraw the offer and go on to the next person on the list. Therefore, if you do register for the waiting list, make sure you check your mail frequently so you don’t miss your chance.
It’s important to pay for your registration promptly. We are sure that you understand that EUU makes a contract commitment for a large amount of money to the retreat sites, and many times, including this time, we have to pay full price
for the rooms, even if we can’t use them because of last minute cancellations. For Köln, we have to inform the hostel 3 weeks in advance exactly how many people they will have to feed and house, and we have to pay the bill for this number at that time, regardless of how many people show up. So we must be strict about cancellations. For this retreat, here is our cancellation policy:
Paying your bill promptly makes everything simpler. So it is important to remember that your registration is not complete, and your place is not securely reserved, until we receive your payment. Without your payment, we will not know whether or not the room needs to be cancelled to avoid a full charge. Please help us avoid all the confusion and complications that can result.
We reward those who promptly pay with thanks and a hearty gratitude from the hardworking volunteers. Late payments after October 1st(and this applies even if you register just before the deadline) require an additional 20 € per adult, to
help mitigate the impact. Exceptional circumstances may occur, of course, and should be communicated directly with the EUU treasurer.
- If you cancel before the October 1 registration deadline, you get a full refund.
- If you cancel between October 1 and October 8, you get a 50% refund.
- If you cancel after October 8, you get no refund, unless we are able to fill your place with someone from a waiting list (should there be one), in which case you will get 50% back.
- If you don’t tell us that you are canceling but don’t show up, there is no refund.
Please pay in euros if you can. Details of all payment methods are given at the end of the registration process.
- Preferred payment method is by bank transfer to the EUU account in the Netherlands.
- French registrants can pay by cash or euro cheque to Peter Jarrett. They must arrange this payment directly with him. The 20 € late payment surcharge and 50 € cancellation fee apply in this case as well.
- If you can’t pay in euros, we will accept a US dollar check.
- If you are a member of UMS, please pay your bill in £ to the UMS.
- If you live outside the Euro zone, are not a member of UMS, and cannot pay with a US dollar check, please contact the treasurer to arrange a payment method.
- Are the retreat fees a challenge to your household budget? We know that they can be for some in our community, so we maintain a grant fund to help EUU members who might not otherwise be able to come to a retreat. If you are a member and would like to ask for a grant, register right away and also write to the EUU treasurer, telling how much support you would need in order to make it possible for you to attend. (All grant requests are treated confidentially by the grant committee, which consists of the president and the treasurer.) We can’t promise that we will be able to offer you all you ask for — this depends on the generosity of other registrants in their contributions to the grant fund — but we will try to do what we can.
- All grant requests must be sent to the EUU treasurer email@example.com by September 15th at the very latest.