Retreat Online Registration
Frankfurt, Germany - November 4th to 6th 2016
Registration includes four pages:
- On Page One you will fill out information regarding the contact person for your group.
- On Page Two you will enter information about each person in the group and select room types for each member. Please note that new questions relating to the RE programme have been added to this page so, if you have children attending the Retreat, please answer the questions carefully so that they too have an enjoyable Retreat.
- Page Three will report your total cost and allow you to select a payment method.
- Page Four gives a summary of all the information you have entered and asks you to validate this information before submitting it.
Regular registration for the Fall Retreat is now closed. If you didn’t register in time, you can still get on a waiting list by going ahead and filling out the registration form anyway. If someone cancels and a place becomes available, we will contact people on the waiting list in the order in which they signed up. Anyone to whom we offer such a place will have 24 hours from the time the mail reached your inbox to accept it. If we don’t hear from them within that time we will withdraw the offer and go on to the next person on the list. Therefore, if you do register for the waiting list, make sure you check your mail frequently so you don’t miss your chance.
The youth hostel is located in the centre of Frankfurt and there no parking available, but good access by public transport.
Retreat prices and rooms
Adult member prices apply to members of EUU and Unitarier - Religionsgemeinschaft freien Glaubens and to first-time retreat participants.
The numbers of single rooms and double rooms with ensuite WC are limited.
If you want to share a room with a particular person or persons, then please register together as a group.
Please indicate in the Comments box at the end of Step 3 if you will be paying separately.
It will be assumed that people registering together want to share a room. If you and a friend or friends want separate rooms, then please register separately.
Prices quoted in this price table are for the entire cost of the retreat per person including meals, from dinner Friday night through Sunday lunch.
||Adult||Adult Non-Member||Young Adult (20-25yrs)||Teen (13-19yrs)||Child (Under 13yrs) |
|Double no WC||170€||190€||140€||50€||30€|
|Quad no WC||150€||170€||120€||50€||30€|
|Eight no WC†||120€||140€||120€||50€||30€|
|Non-Resident (sleeping off-site)||120€||140€||120€||50€||30€|
† There are some 8-bed rooms at the hostel this time. But since EUU has to pay for all the beds in a room even if they are not all used, we have to limit registration for these rooms to groups of 5 or more and require such groups to register together. That is, you can’t register alone for a place in an 8-bed room and ask us to find roommates for you.
your bill promptly makes everything simpler. Your registration is not
complete, and your place is not securely reserved, until we receive your
payment. Without your payment, we will not know whether or not the room
needs to be cancelled to avoid a full charge. Please help us avoid all
the confusion and complications that can result. We reward those who
promptly pay with thanks and a hearty gratitude from the hardworking
volunteers. Late payments after September 30th (and this applies even if you register just before the deadline)
require an additional 20 € per adult, to help mitigate the impact.
Exceptional circumstances may occur, of course, and should be
communicated directly with the EUU treasurer.
Please pay in euros if you can. Details of all payment methods are given at the end of the registration process.
- Preferred payment method is by bank transfer to the EUU account in the Netherlands.
- French registrants can pay by cash or euro cheque to Peter Jarrett. They must arrange this payment directly with him. The 20 € late payment surcharge and the cancellation policy described below apply in this case as well.
- If you can’t pay in euros, we will accept a US dollar check.
- If you live outside the Euro zone and cannot pay with a US dollar check, please contact the treasurer to arrange a payment method.
We are sure that you
understand that EUU makes a contract commitment for a large amount of
money to the retreat sites, and many times, including this time, we have
to pay full price for the rooms, even if we can’t use them because of
last minute cancellations. So we must be strict about cancellations.
- If you cancel before the September 30th registration deadline, you get a full refund.
- If you cancel after September 30th you get no
refund unless we are able to fill your place with someone from the
waiting list (should there be one) or you are subject to very
exceptional circumstances (e.g., sudden illness, death in the
- If you don’t tell us that you are canceling but don’t show up, there is no refund.
- Are the retreat fees a challenge to your household budget? We know that they can be for some in our community, so we maintain a grant fund to help EUU members who might not otherwise be able to come to a retreat. If you are a member and would like to ask for a grant, register right away and also write to the EUU treasurer, telling how much support you would need in order to make it possible for you to attend. (All grant requests are treated confidentially by the grant committee, which consists of the president and the treasurer.) We can’t promise that we will be able to offer you all you ask for — this depends on the generosity of other registrants in their contributions to the grant fund — but we will try to do what we can.
- All grant requests must be sent to the EUU treasurer firstname.lastname@example.org by September 15th at the very latest.