Retreat Online Registration
Spa, Belgium - October 27th to 29th 2017
Registration includes four pages:
- On Page One you will fill out information regarding the contact person for your group.
Here you can also indicate if you wish to stay for the Sunday night.
- On Page Two you will enter information about each person in the group and select room types for each member. Please note that new questions relating to the RE programme have been added to this page so, if you have children attending the Retreat, please answer the questions carefully so that they too have an enjoyable Retreat.
- Page Three will report your total cost and allow you to select a payment method.
- Page Four gives a summary of all the information you have entered and asks you to validate this information before submitting it.
Regular registration for the Fall Retreat is now closed. If you didn’t register in time, you can still get on a waiting list by going ahead and filling out the registration form anyway. If someone cancels and a place becomes available, we will contact people on the waiting list in the order in which they signed up. Anyone to whom we offer such a place will have 24 hours from the time the mail reached your inbox to accept it. If we don’t hear from them within that time we will withdraw the offer and go on to the next person on the list. Therefore, if you do register for the waiting list, make sure you check your mail frequently so you don’t miss your chance.
Retreat prices and rooms
There are two price tables: Friday – Sunday
and Friday – Monday.
Adult member prices apply to members of EUU and to first-time retreat participants.
The numbers of single rooms and double rooms with ensuite WC are limited.
Some of the double rooms have private bathrooms and some of them share the bathroom with the adjoining room. It will be possible to indicate your preference when you register. Subject to availability, rooms will be assigned according to preference upon confirmation of payment.
Retreat prices: Friday – Sunday
For this Retreat children 0-2 are free
Prices quoted in this price table are for the entire cost of the retreat per person including meals, from dinner Friday night through Sunday lunch.
||Adult||Adult Non-Member||Young Adult (19-25yrs)||Teen (13-18yrs)||Child (3-13yrs) |
|Shared Double Room with private bath||210€||230€||140€||50€||30€|
|Shared Double Room with shared bath||210€||230€||140€||50€||30€|
|Non-Resident (sleeping off-site)||130€||150€||130€||50€||30€|
Retreat prices: Friday – Monday (3 nights)
Prices quoted in this price table are for the entire cost of the retreat per person including meals, from dinner Friday night through Monday breakfast.
||Adult*||Adult Non-Member||Young Adult (19-25yrs)||Teen (13-18yrs)||Child (3-13yrs) |
|Shared Double Room with private bath||285€||305€||215€||80€||60€|
|Shared Double Room with shared bath||285€||305€||215€||80€||60€|
|Non-Resident (sleeping off-site)||160€||180€||160€||80€||60€|
* Changing to another shared room on Sunday may be required so that we do not exceed the number of rooms we have contracted for Sunday night.
your bill promptly makes everything simpler. Your registration is not
complete, and your place is not securely reserved, until we receive your
payment. Without your payment, we will not know whether or not the room
needs to be cancelled to avoid a full charge. Please help us avoid all
the confusion and complications that can result. We reward those who
promptly pay with thanks and a hearty gratitude from the hardworking
volunteers. Late payments after October 20th (and this applies even if you register just before the deadline)
require an additional 10 € per adult, to help mitigate the impact.
Exceptional circumstances may occur, of course, and should be
communicated directly with the EUU treasurer.
Please pay in euros if you can. Details of all payment methods are given at the end of the registration process.
- Preferred payment method is by bank transfer to the EUU account in the Netherlands.
- French registrants can pay by cash or euro cheque to Peter Jarrett. They must arrange this payment directly with him. The 10 € late payment surcharge and the cancellation policy described below apply in this case as well.
- If you cannot pay in either of these ways, please contact the treasurer to arrange a payment method.
We are sure that you
understand that EUU makes a contract commitment for a large amount of
money to the retreat sites, and many times, including this time, we have
to pay full price for the rooms, even if we can’t use them because of
last minute cancellations. So we must be strict about cancellations.
- If you cancel before the October 20th registration deadline, you get a full refund.
- If you cancel after October 20th you get no
refund unless we are able to fill your place with someone from the
waiting list (should there be one) or you are subject to very
exceptional circumstances (e.g., sudden illness, death in the
- If you don’t tell us that you are canceling but don’t show up, there is no refund.
- Are the retreat fees a challenge to your household budget? We know that they can be for some in our community, so we maintain a grant fund to help EUU members who might not otherwise be able to come to a retreat. If you are a member and would like to ask for a grant, register right away and also write to the EUU treasurer, telling how much support you would need in order to make it possible for you to attend. (All grant requests are treated confidentially by the grant committee, which consists of the president and the treasurer.) We can’t promise that we will be able to offer you all you ask for — this depends on the generosity of other registrants in their contributions to the grant fund — but we will try to do what we can.
- All grant requests must be sent to the EUU treasurer firstname.lastname@example.org by September 15th at the very latest.