Regular registration for the Fall Retreat is now closed. If you didn’t register in time, you can still get on a waiting list by going ahead and filling out the registration form anyway. If someone cancels and a place becomes available, we will contact people on the waiting list in the order in which they signed up. Anyone to whom we offer such a place will have 24 hours from the time the mail reached your inbox to accept it. If we don’t hear from them within that time we will withdraw the offer and go on to the next person on the list. Therefore, if you do register for the waiting list, make sure you check your mail frequently so you don’t miss your chance.
The youth hostel is located in the center of Bad Homburg near Frankfurt, Germany. Bad Homburg is about a 20 minute drive from the Frankfurt airport and is accessible from the Frankfurt Main Station and Frankfurt South Station via the S5 local train toward Friedrichsdorf. Please note that there is no parking at this hostel. Street parking is available in the local area and advice on this will be sent with your registration confirmation. Public transportation is recommended!
Religious Education (RE) is an interactive and fun way for your children ages 5 and up to learn what it means to be a Unitarian Universalist. RE Classes will be held on Saturday during the theme talk and workshops. Babysitting for children under 5 will be available.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON ACCESSIBILITY
- Please note that the Bad Homburg hostel does not have an elevator/lift.
- There are 6 bedrooms on the ground floor that have stair-free access to the main meeting room, and some of the workshop rooms.
- These bedrooms are also wheelchair accessible and can accommodate a maximum of 22 people. They will be reserved for attendees who need them.
- There are also bedrooms which require only one flight of stairs and bedrooms which require 2 or more flights of stairs.
- Please consider your needs and abilities carefully. In the registration information there is a place for you to indicate if someone in your group must have a ground floor room, or someone in your group can only climb a maximum of one flight of stairs.
- Space for comments is also provided to assist in allocating rooms.
- The accessible rooms will be allocated to those who indicate a need, based on the date of payment.
- We will also do our best to locate workshops according to the needs of our attendees.
- Unfortunately all rooms for religious education (children and teens) will require stairs.
The Retreat Committee hopes that you understand that it is working to make the best use of the facilities that the hostel has to offer.
Nearby hotels include:
Hotel am Schloss Darmstaedter Hof: Traditional hotel located in the pedestrian zone. 600-700m (5-7 minute) walk from the Hostel.
B&B Hotel: Simple, modern hotel located near the Bad Homburg train station. 1.6km (long walk or 5min drive) from the hostel. Accessible rooms available.
For this Retreat, children 0-2 are free.
The price quoted in the table below is the Standard Registration fee per person, which includes the Retreat program, accommodation, and meals from Friday night dinner through Sunday lunch. Adult EUU members and adult first-time retreat participants will receive an additional 10€ discount.
|Room description||Adult Member||Adult Non-Member||Young Adult (19-25yrs)||Teen (13-18yrs)||Child (3-12yrs)|
|Shared double room||205€||215€||160€||50€||30€|
|3- or 4-bed room||200€||210€||145€||50€||30€|
|Non-resident (sleeping off-site)||130€||140€||140€||50€||30€|
For those who plan UU services or would like to learn more about planning them, Rev. Thandeka will provide guidance to:
There will be an opportunity to sign up for this workshop later in the registration process.
- Strengthen links between music and the spoken word
- Attend to the artful use of silence in services
- Create strategies that uplift the mind and the heart so that each service is the community’s UU faith in motion.