Retreat Online Registration
Nature and Wonder: The Emerson Legacy featuring our theme speaker, Rev. Dr. Nicole Kirk.
April 3rd to 5th, 2020
Congress & Wellness Hotel Olšanka, Táboritská 23/1000, Prague 3, 13000, Czechia
- January 28th to February 23rd: Standard Registration.
- February 23rd: Final payment deadline for Standard Registration
- February 24th to February 29th: Waiting List is open. Adults who fail to register and/or pay by February 23rd will be put on a waiting list and assigned spaces if they become available. It may also be possible to find accommodation in local hotels and pay the non-resident rate.
Registration includes four pages:
- On Page One you will fill out information regarding the contact person for your group.
- On Page Two you will enter information about each person in the group and select room types for each member.
Please note that new questions relating to the RE program have been added to this page so, if you have children attending, please answer the questions carefully so that they, too, have an enjoyable Retreat.
- Page Three will report your total cost and allow you to select a payment method.
- Page Four gives a summary of all the information you have entered and asks you to validate this information before submitting it.
About Religious Education for Children and Teens (RE)
Religious Education (RE) is an interactive and fun way for your children ages 5 and up to learn what it means to be a Unitarian Universalist. RE Classes will be held on Saturday during the theme talk and workshops. Babysitting for children under 5 will be available.
The hotel provides towels and all rooms are equipped with a TV, safe and hair drier.
Unfortunately Prague is not the most "disabled friendly" city and the hotel accommodation is not wheelchair friendly - although all rooms are accessible by lift and there are public disabled toilets on the ground and second floors.
The Retreat will be held in the conference centre which is more accessible, with lift and stair access - and meeting rooms are all on the same floor. The main congress room is split over three levels - with the middle level having step free access from the other meeting rooms.
on more accessible and wheelchair friendly hotels can be found here. If staying in another hotel, the Hotel Olsanka is on several tram routes - 1, 2, 5, 9, 13, 15, and 26
For this Retreat, children 0-2 are free.
The price quoted in the table below is the Standard Registration fee per person, which includes the Retreat program, accommodation, and meals
from Friday night dinner through Sunday lunch.
Adult member prices apply to members of EUU and to first-time Retreat participants.
||Adult Member||Adult Non-Member||Young Adult (19-25yrs)||Teen (13-18yrs)||Child (3-12yrs) |
|Shared Double Room||260€||270€||130€||50€||30€|
|3- or 4-bed family room||260€||270€||120€||50€||30€|
|non-resident (sleeping off-site + Saturday lunch)||160€||170€||120€||50€||30€|
|non-resident (sleeping off-site + lunch & dinner)||185€||195€||120€||50€||30€|
Staying Additional Nights
The hotel have agreed, subject to availabilty, to offer extra nights at the same price - 50€ per night for a single room, 64€ per night for a double and 92€ for a family room for 4.
Rooms will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
Unfortunately we have to book these directly with the hotel, so if you want to stay extra nights you need to let Simon or Mark know directly and they will confirm the registration with the hotel. Contact details for Simon and Mark will be in your confirmation email.
Payment for any additional nights should be made at the hotel on arrival.
your bill at the same time you register makes the entire process simpler for our volunteers and is greatly appreciated. It will also increase the chances that you will get the room type you have requested. Your registration is not
complete, and your place is not securely reserved, until your payment has been received.
Payment deadlines coincide with the dates on which we need to inform the retreat sites about our accommodation needs and are not flexible.
- If payment for Standard Registration is not received by February 23rd, your registration will be canceled and your room reassigned to someone on the waiting list.
- Preferred payment method is by bank transfer to the EUU account in the Netherlands.
- Please note that the option to pay in cash has been phased out.
- If you cannot pay by bank transfer, please contact the EUU treasurer to arrange a payment method.
We are sure that you understand that EUU makes a contract commitment for a large amount of
money to the Retreat sites, and many times we have
to pay full price for the rooms, even if we can’t use them because of
cancellations. For this reason, we have developed the following policy:
- If you cancel after February 23rd, no
refund will be possible unless we are able to fill your place with someone from the
waiting list (should there be one), or you are subject to very
exceptional circumstances (e.g., sudden illness, death in the
family, national rail strike). In such cases, it may be possible to arrange a partial refund after we settle the final bill with the Retreat site.
- If you don’t inform us that you are canceling, there will be no refund.