EUU’s Social Action work has taken a new turn. We have created a new Social Action Committee (SAC) with 9 members! We have representatives from At-Large (5), Paris (1), Brussels (2) and Bern (1).
The SAC’s focus is to take inclusive decisions about how the Social Action budget is spent Europe-wide, to connect projects and ideas across fellowships and to promote inter-fellowship community building. At our first meeting on 7 June, we were able to define target project areas and choose those closest to each person’s interest.
Areas of activity:
- Help connect fellowships in social action
- Publicize on social media and/or website
- Maintain/rebuild existing partnerships (ICW – International Council of UU Women, Transylvanian Youth…)
- Build new partnerships such as UUPCC (Partner Church Council)
- Hold retreat workshops on relevant topics
- Liaise with EUU Social Action Unifier/website page editor to make sure projects are publicized
- Manage applications for EUU Social Action Grants
- Manage the Social Action budget
- Suggest, research and manage EUU-wide projects &/ or contributions
- Inform about Social Action for reporting to the CC
Note that the plan for the future is to include projects that involve EUU as a whole, not just at the fellowship level. More committee members (especially from the other fellowships) are welcome, as are ideas for projects we could support.
The Social Action Committee