The EUU Coordinating Council has authorized Social Action to consider contributions to local community or fellowship projects again this year, so we strongly encourage you to submit a request for support.
Examples of projects you could request funds for:
- administrative and legal help in social justice matters
- banners or material for special events
- book, backpack, blankets, clothing, toiletries drive
- refreshments at a gathering to support an organization and to develop partnerships for social action
- small business startups (Syrian catering in Paris)
- tools and supplies for a community garden
- training and skills development
- a direct contribution to an organization chosen by an EUU Member or Fellowship
For information about previous grants, click HERE.
How to apply for a grant (and what happens after that):
- An EUU Member proposes a project and sends the application to their Fellowship CC (EUU Coordinating Council) Representative. Members at large should send it to the At-Large Representative (Shulamit).
- The Fellowship or At-Large Representative approves the project (using whatever mechanism they choose).
- The Fellowship Representative submits the project to SocialAction@europeanuu.org
Request Form 2019 for EUU Grant to a Local Charity or for a Fellowship.
- Social Action evaluates the project with a special eye to whether it meets Social Action goals. Projects that support EUU Fellowship Development are strongly encouraged.
- If the project is approved, Diana Smith, current coordinator, informs the Fellowship Rep and then contacts Tom Sievers (EUU Treasurer) with the amount and the bank account information, so that the money goes directly to the specified recipient.
All requests must be submitted to SocialAction@europeanuu.org by October 15 2019, so that the projects can be funded, implemented and enjoyed before year-end holidays.
Funds will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis.